NEW MEXICO MEDICAL INSURANCE POOL OPEN MEETINGS POLICY - 2017
The New Mexico Medical Insurance Pool (Pool) Board of Directors adopts the following as its Open Meetings Policy for the year beginning at its annual meeting on March 24, 2017:
For the year 2017, the regular meetings* are scheduled on:
- January 20
- March 24 - Annual and Regular
- May 26
- August 25
- October 27
- December 1
Special meetings*, if needed, are scheduled on:
- February 24
- April 28
- June 23
- July 28
- September 22
*Unless otherwise noted, all meetings will be held at Adelante Development Center, 3900 Osuna Rd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109.
- Meeting agendas will be available in the governor’s office.
- All Board meetings shall be open to the public and to members of the Pool.
- Policyholders or members who have requested an appeal of a decision of the Administrator shall not have the right to present information regarding the appeal unless such right has been granted by the Board pursuant to the Pool grievance policies.
- Discussions of any policyholders’ appeals shall not be open to the public or to members of the Pool and will only be considered in executive session by the Board.
- Executive sessions of the Board will also be called whenever the Board determines that it is required by law to discuss the matter in executive session or whenever the Board determines that it desires to discuss the matter in executive session and is permitted to do so under the open meetings laws applicable to state agencies and boards.