Please use the registration system located at the following website to schedule your initial COVID-19 Vaccine and Booster:
Click the link below to place an order for free COVID-19 home test kits:
If you are having trouble completing the Expedited Enrollment Application found below, please download the document to your computer.
Dear NMMIP Member,
We are reaching out to you to make sure you have the most up-to-date information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We want to make sure you have the information you need to be prepared and stay healthy.
- What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases.
- How do you get Coronavirus? The virus is spread between people who are within about 6 feet of each other. The virus is spread mainly through the droplets that leave an infected person’s body when coughing or sneezing, and then you touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- What are the symptoms of the Coronavirus? People with Coronavirus have reported symptoms of fever, cough, or trouble breathing. Symptoms may also include runny nose, headache, sore throat, and a general feeling of being unwell.
It’s important to note that most illness due to Coronavirus infection is generally mild, especially for children and young adults. However, since it can cause serious illness it is quite normal for people to worry about how the outbreak will affect them and their loved ones. Here are some ways to stay safe:
Stay home if you are sick and remember to wash your hands:
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- After using the restroom.
- Before eating or preparing food.
- After contact with animals or pets.
- Before and after providing care for another person who needs assistance, such as a child.
What can I do to avoid getting or spreading coronavirus?
- Wash your hands often, for at least 20 seconds, using soap and warm water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes—especially when your hands are not clean.
- Be sure to cover your cough or sneeze with something other than your hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces with disinfectant cleaners. Surfaces include tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
When to seek medical care:
- You should follow the same steps that you would take if you thought you had the flu. These include staying home from work or school. If you feel sick with a fever, cough, or have difficulty breathing, you should first call your doctor’s office, urgent care clinic, or emergency department and tell them of your symptoms before arriving.
- If you think you may have COVID-19 please call the New Mexico Department of Health at (855) 600-3453, there is no charge for testing.
For the most up-to-date information in New Mexico, please see the link to the Department of Health, https://cv.nmhealth.org/
Please see the following links for additional information on COVID-19:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html
World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.who.int/
The New Mexico Medical Insurance Pool cares about your health and as updates become available, we will post them to our website. For any questions or assistance with your NMMIP policy please call 1-844-728-7896 and visit our website www.nmmmip.org.